Update by user May 28, 2012

Shipsurance has come through as promised and paid me for my claim.

Update by user May 05, 2012

Update: Shipsurance has contacted me and stated they will pay me for my claim.Please note that even though I had problems with this claim, the few others I have filed in past years were paid.

When I filed this claim, I wasn\'t expecting the issues that occurred. I am hoping this was just a misunderstanding between us and all will be rectified soon.

I think the whole thing got out of control.Of course, I have been told I can\'t buy insurance from them any longer and handling it this way was a disappointment.

Original review posted by user May 03, 2012

I hadn't filed a claim in years until last week.I filed a claim for loss of an item after the buyer stated they were at home and USPS did not deliver the package.

They went to the post office, but the carrier said he did not remember the delivery. They signed the affidavit and I sent to Shipsurance. Then Shipsurance insisted theft reports be filed with USPS and the Police. Come to find out they wanted them filed because they don't pay for theft.

When I realized what they were doing, I got quite upset with them over the phone. We all know that USPS has delivered items to the wrong address. I stated this, but they kept coming back stating the recipient needed to file a theft report with the police. Anyway, the end result is that they sent me an e-mail immediately after we got off the phone and stated they would no longer allow me to buy insurance from them through inkfrog, auctiva and others.

They are making alot of money through Inkfrog, Auctiva, Shipsaver, Auctane, InsurePost and a number of other third parties.

To bad, I used to think they were a good company.

Had an Experience with Shipsurance?

Comments